One of the highlights of IPCPR is the Davidoff Golden Band Awards, which is a black tie affair. Attended by official Davidoff merchants, the dinner features live entertainment, and some cigars. This year the cigar was the new Davidoff Nicaragua Salomon.
The 2014 Awards go to:
- Cup O Joes – Queensbury, NY (Best Merchandising)
- Cigars on The Avenue – Winters Park, FL (Davidoff Growth, Single Store)
- Humidor of Westmont – Westmont, IL (Davidoff Growth, Multiple Stores)
- Tobacconist of Greenwich – Greenwich, CT (Best Davidoff Performance, Single Store)
- Corona Cigar Company – Orlando, FL (Best Davidoff Performance, Multiple Stores)
- Curt Deeble – (Zino Davidoff Legacy Award)
- Tinder Box Cigars of North Carolina (Davidoff Merchant of the Year)
There were also two awards given for Service to the Industry, the first one was given to Gary Kolisaire from Tobacco Shop of Ridgewood, NJ.
The other one went to our very own David Garofalo of The Cigar Authority & Two Guys Smoke Shop.